In what I see being a reoccurring theme here, my 3 girls will be the center focus of many of my posts.
As any parent will attest to, comparing photos from different times brings out an indescribable joy and happiness.
The original My 3 Girls post was 9 months ago — they look pretty much the same, but different.
And I’m loving every minute of it.
By now you know we love everything about Disney — from Disneyland to Disney World, and especially the princesses for the girls. For a family full of young kids, there really isn’t anything that doesn’t cater to us.
After hearing so many great things about the Aulani Resort in Hawaii, we knew we had to make vacation plans around it.
And now that we’re here, a magical week awaits us — with Zella pulling us in all directions.
I did it!
Back in January, I set out to post here at least once a week for the entire year. This week marks the final post of my successful Project 52.
And it is only fitting that it’s a photo of June. After all, she kicked off Week 1.
This being the end, let’s take the obligatory journey back in time and highlight a few milestones — click the Week to see the photo and read the story.
Week 4: Met Tiger Woods — sort of
Week 7: For my 40th birthday, snowboarded at Whistler while wearing a penguin outfit
Week 10: Welcomed Willow to the world, my 3rd beautiful baby girl :)
Week 15: Documented the battle of the Blood Moon and Spica the star
Week 17: Celebrated June’s 2nd birthday
Week 22: Raced around the grocery store to capture a photo that would eventually be chosen as GoPro’s Photo of the Day
Week 25: Won the 1st of my three MGA Tour golf tournaments
Week 31: Lost my best dog friend :(
Week 39: Visited Wrigley Field
Week 43: Finished in 2nd place with my first ever soccer team
Week 49: Zella shines in her first musical
Overall, I had a great time with this project. It encouraged me to take my cameras out more often and snap pictures — thousands and thousands of pictures. There were times when I knew right away what I wanted to post for the upcoming week. And then, inevitably, there were times when I struggled to get an acceptable photo posted.
So what now?
Do I start up another Project 52? Maybe even a Project 365? Or just post on my own random schedule?
I’m not entirely sure which direction to take, so I’m giving myself a couple weeks to decide.
P.S. If you want to see all my Project 52 posts, just click here. Or click the Project 52 link way up on top of the page.
If you had 3 nights and 3 days in New York City without kids, what would you do?
– Watch a couple of awesome shows: Hedwig and the Angry Itch and the Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the Rockettes
– Compare and contrast the two best ramen restaurants: Totto Ramen and Ippudo
– Discover a new activity: Shopping at thrift stores that serve a greater good, like Housing Works
– Eat at 2 different French restaurants: Because French food apparently makes for delicious photos on Yelp
– Midnight munchy run: And finding the most amazing torrone panna cotta dessert
– Visit the quintessential winter attraction: The Rockefeller Center ice rink
– Sleep: Until noon everyday
– Take in: All the sights and sounds
– Fall more in love: With your amazing spouse
– And then at the end of the 3rd day: Jump on a 6 hour flight back to the 3 most important things in your life
I <3 NY